Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Blue

I am not a big fan of this time of year.  Don't get me wrong, I love the colors of the leaves changing, and I love the crisp fall air, going to have a hot coffee someplace and just sitting and talking....those things are great.  But I do not do well with the shorter days and the lack of sunlight. 

Today is one of those days where I am not sure of my place in this world.  There are family things happening, I am not sure if we will all be together this Thanksgiving (a first in all of my life) or scattered at different places.  I feel as though this is partly (mainly??) my fault, but it's too much to get into here.  Everything seems too big, too overwhelming, and I want to just make a blanket fort, grab some fluffy blankets and a tiny lamp and crawl inside.  Stay under the blankets, inside my cozy fort until I feel better.

It's like that song by Monica "It's Just One of Dem Days" (that a girl goes through).  I feel blue and inky and all around sad.

1 comment:

  1. The lack of sunshine makes it hard to feel energetic. Maybe we should go to Australia for the winter? I am willing.

    ReplyDelete